FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCC Bandwidth Spectrum Auction and Repacking

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Burleson
FCC Bandwidth Spectrum Auction and Repacking
on Dec 3, 2013 at 9:46:30 pm

As a Public LPTV station we are very concerned about the FCC Bandwidth Auction and subsequent repacking of the bandwidth spectrum. We have heard that LPTV stations will disappear after this happens.
We are owned and operated by the Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes of Oklahoma and serve rural Western Oklahoma. Many of our tribal members in the rural areas don't have access to internet or cable TV.
We are trying to develop a strategy if the repacking puts us out of business as a terrestrial broadcaster.
We have discussed leasing a sub channel from a couple of TV Stations in Oklahoma City but the price is way beyond our budget. So, we are in a frustrating situation. Since we are an LPTV station Cable companies are not required to carry us like the full power TV stations.
I guess my next thing to explore is a satellite uplink and leasing satellite time. Any ideas on an inexpensive option, if there is such a thing? I guess if this repacking takes our transmitter down, then internet streaming will be our only option. Thoughts, suggestions, ideas?

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: FCC Bandwidth Spectrum Auction and Repacking
on Dec 13, 2013 at 6:02:00 pm

What channel is your transmitter on?

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

christopher walker
on May 31, 2014 at 3:29:06 pm

Hi,
Seems like you would have a case for keeping the bandwidth based upon the rights of your tribe to their commons. Although not explicitly included in any BIA documents Radio frequencies are certainly implied.

Return to posts index

Randy Burleson
on May 31, 2014 at 6:18:30 pm

We are on channel 47 call letters K47MU-D
We call our channel CATV47 Cheyenne and Arapaho Television. http://www.catv47.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]