FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony BVS-3100 Tally interface

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zach Legleiter
Sony BVS-3100 Tally interface
on Nov 11, 2013 at 11:41:39 pm

Hello all,

I have a Sony BVS-3100 composite switcher set up in my church.

We have 3 Sony CCU-M5 CCU's that are connected to 2 Sony DXC-D30 Cameras and 1 Sony DSR-370 camera through 26-pin multicore cables. I am needing help with how to get tally from the switcher to the CCU's and then out to the Cameras.

The switcher has a 25-pin parallel connector on the back that is labeled tally. The CCU-M5's have a screw terminal on the back labeled tally.

The switcher manual states that Pins 1-2 of the tally output connector go to switcher input 1 (in my case CCU #1). Pins 3-4 of the tally output connector go to switcher input 2 (in my case CCU #2). Pins 5-6 of the tally output connector go to switcher input 3 (in my case CCU #3) and so on for all 8 switcher of the switcher inputs.

Is it as simple as getting a 25-pin parallel cable and cutting the male end off, using a voltage meter to sort out the right wires and wiring the appropriate wire to each of the 3 CCU's?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: Sony BVS-3100 Tally interface
on Dec 13, 2013 at 6:08:58 pm

That's about all there is to it. I would suggest that rather than cutting up an existing cable, you just order the correct connector and either solder the tally cables to the pins or but a connector that you insert the pins into. Both are inexpensive and easy to do. Or you could use a pre-made 25 pin cable that terminates on a breakout board. With that you can just attach the tally cables directly to the board. Since all of your equipment is Sony, it should be pretty straight forward.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]