FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flightpack cable question

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Schroeder
Flightpack cable question
on Sep 27, 2013 at 2:50:06 am

Hi all and thank you for your time reading this!

I need to buy some audio and video cable for an international flight pack that mainly does HD SDI. Our cameras mainly work in sub zero temps and snow but our studio is usually warm, like 50 degrees.

Anyhow I am going to buy a few thousand feet of coax and audio cable. The cable is mainly going to be used for patch and here are my thoughts;

1. I am considering on purchasing the Belden 1855a HDSDI mini RG59 because of its light weight, small size and flexibility on the cameras. Would I be giving up anything up except for weight and size?

2. Does anyone see any problem with Canary cable l2t2s? I know it is an old cable but currently being sold as an industry standard.

3. On BNC fittings compress or screw on? Our cables live in snow, that is why I like the Newtrik xlr connectors. But for BNC I have always used compression with a shrink wrap. I have had no real problems but I am thinking of using something like a spray mount adhesive applied with a q-tip to add an extra layer of waterproofing under the shrink tube.

Thank you for your thoughts!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]