FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDSDI converter

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Munford
HDSDI converter
on Mar 12, 2013 at 2:18:36 pm

Hey Guys,

A friend and I are going to start doing very part time live video production. We are planning on getting two Canon HF G20's. I know they do not have HDSDI out which would be optimal but our budget does not allow that.

I know that I could do HDMI out to HDSDI. I could also do component out to HDSDI. So my question is which is the more "professional" way to do it, and which will yield better results?'

Bob Zelin I'd love if you'd chime in here. I know you preach doing things the right way which I have great respect for.

Thanks!

-Jon

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: HDSDI converter
on Mar 12, 2013 at 4:59:53 pm

[Jon Munford] "I know that I could do HDMI out to HDSDI. I could also do component out to HDSDI. So my question is which is the more "professional" way to do it, and which will yield better results?"

If the camera outputs full resolution (10-bit 1920x1080) over HDMI, then that will likely be the simplest hookup. If it's compressed or lower res, then you'll want the component. HDMI and component HD are of similar quality for transmission. HDMI may be preferable as there will be no d/a/d conversion in the chain, so I'd go that route, making sure your cameras output full HD over HDMI.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]