FORUMS: list search recent posts

Real Time Camera Stabilization

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Munson
Real Time Camera Stabilization
on Jan 30, 2013 at 6:29:13 pm

I'm trying to figure out a good workflow for a helicopter cam.

The setup I have to work with is not optimal, but I have a decent budget for software and computers to correct the problem.

I need to find a way to take an incoming h.264 live feed, stabilize it, remove rolling shutter distortion, color, then send it out to broadcast. The less delay the better. Preferably under 15 seconds.

Right now the best solution I've found is the For.A IVS 700 Stabilizer: http://www.for-a.com/products/ivs700hs/security_stabilizer_s.html

The workflow I'm thinking of is: 1)Some sort of Signal processor to turn the signal into something that the For.A can handle 2)For.A IVS 700 Stabilizer 3)Color correcting unit 4) Back to some kind of Signal processor to convert to whatever broadcast spec.

The camera is nothing special. Sony brick cam with a rolling shutter. Puts out h.264 and has rolling shutter. Wish I could change this but I can't.

This workflow doesn't even address rolling shutter, but I have found nothing that can remove rolling shutter in real time.

So here are my questions:

1) Is there software or a rack mount unit that will remove rolling shutter in real time?
2) It might be nice to be able to do all of this in a single computer instead of getting a server rack. Is there software that will stabilize HD footage in real time?
3) Is there a better/simpler way to do this? I'm a non-linear post guy, so I know next to nothing about broadcast procedures. I've been a little surprised to not find something stations are already using to fix this problem.

Thank you for any help you can give me!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]