FORUMS: list search recent posts

Brodcast - the whole picture is not seen

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gašper Gaberšček
Brodcast - the whole picture is not seen
on Nov 17, 2012 at 12:55:38 pm

Hello.
I am new to this forums and right of the bat I would need some help understanding some things regarding brodcasting.

I was asked to make a 7s comercials for a company. Firstly they were ment to be web videos, but later, the company decided to brodcast them on our national TV stations.

The TV station sent me this preferences:
MPEG-2 Program Stream
625/50 PAL Interlaced
50Mbps CBR I frame only
Profile: 422P@Main Level Colour Sampling: 4:2:2, 8 bit
Video Size: 720 x 576 (608 inc VBI)
Aspect Ratio 16:9
Field: Upper field first (odd)
MPEG Audio Layer-2
Bitrate: 384kbps
Sample Rate: 48khz Stereo

To get you through my workflow (I am using Adobe Production Premium cs5):
1. I created an animation in After Effects on a Full HD composition (1920x1080, 25fps, Square pixels), which worked out fine for web (YT).
2. When asked to make the comercial for tv (PAL) I created a new composition (PAL D1/DV Widescreen Square pixels, 25fps and put the FULL HD composition into this one. I exported this composition Lossless out of AE and put it in Adobe Media encoder.
3. In AME i rendered the loosless .avi in MPEG2 format, Upper field first, Pixel aspect ratio Widescreen 16:9 (1,459), that gave me an output of 720x576.
4. The TV stations confirmed the ads and they went on to brodcast.

Now this is where a problem occured. When i saw the commercial, the left and right side of the picture were croped, and some immportant parts of the text in the commercial was missing.

As I found out, the missing picture is the difference between 720px and 625px.

So I hope you can help me with this one. How can I export to get the whole picture on screen?

Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Sareesh Sudhakaran
Re: Brodcast - the whole picture is not seen
on Nov 18, 2012 at 9:29:17 am

Are you able to see the full image on a computer monitor? If yes, then It seems like overscan, which is quite normal.

http://www.wolfcrow.com - Workflow information and support for filmmakers, photographers, audiographers and videographers.

Return to posts index

Gašper Gaberšček
on Nov 18, 2012 at 12:43:27 pm

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, on my computer, the whole 720x576px is visible. After some research I also came to the conclusion that it is probablly overscan.

So, the only real solution would be to tweak the animation a bit, so it doesn't fall out of the Action safe area? Or, did I make a mistake in my workflow maybe? I have never downscaled from Full HD to brodcast PAL before, so I found that workflow online.

Return to posts index

Sareesh Sudhakaran
on Nov 18, 2012 at 1:09:43 pm

When placing animations, follow the safe areas found in your NLE. No problem with your workflow.

http://www.wolfcrow.com - Workflow information and support for filmmakers, photographers, audiographers and videographers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]