FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sync image settings between two camers?

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Nilsson
Sync image settings between two camers?
on Sep 19, 2012 at 8:50:53 am

Hi, I'm a newbie here trying to research how to synchronize the image appearance from two different cameras.

Say I have two live cameras of different brands in two different scenes (or in the same scene), what is the procedure for making the video feed from the cameras look the same, i.e same white balance, saturation, brightness, gamma, etc, so that I can seamlessly cut between them?

Is this a problem in broadcasting and if so, how is it done? Is it all manual tweaking on each camera or do all cameras have some standardized settings?

Thanks,
/Martin

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: Sync image settings between two camers?
on Sep 27, 2012 at 1:44:49 pm

What cameras are you using? What switcher?

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Martin Nilsson
on Sep 27, 2012 at 2:59:36 pm

I'm not using anything at the moment. This is a theoretical question for a research project. I'm wondering if there is a problem here that needs to be solve, or if there already is a solution for this problem.

/Martin

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Oct 24, 2012 at 2:44:05 pm

If the cameras are not broadcast units with a reference (Genlock) input, you will need to use a switcher with build-in frame syncs on the inputs. This will eliminate the need for synchronizing your cameras. As for matching, some switcher will offer a Processing Amp feature to match the cameras. Otherwise, you will need to spend some time matching the cameras through the controls on the cameras. Use the same white balance reference under the same lighting conditions for a start. The rest is tweaking the cameras until they match as well as possible.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]