FORUMS: list search recent posts

Match audio delay with video delay on live call-in show

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Parsley
Match audio delay with video delay on live call-in show
on Aug 6, 2012 at 3:40:06 pm

Hello,

First I want to say thank you to everyone who participates on this forum. I've been reading it from time to time and learning things.

I'm new to broadcasting so forgive my ignorance on things. I'm an IT engineer but have been put on a project that is much more broadcasting related than what I'm used to.

We are working with a live call in radio show that is wanting to also be a live call in TV show. In short, I don't know how to make our video match up to their audio delay.

Sometimes they have callers that use profane language and needs to be bleeped out. They have a system that normally has a 5 second delay. When someone says something they dump, it plays the bleep clip and then builds back up the delay over the next 45 seconds. I believe these are called 'dump boxes'.

What kind of device would be needed to get rid of lip sync issues if something is dumped? If it was just a constant 5 second delay I could do that but with this device building the delay up over a period of time, I'm at a loss of what to do.

Thank you for any ideas.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]