FORUMS: list search recent posts

Broadcast Enginering Education

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Dershowitz
Broadcast Enginering Education
on Jul 30, 2012 at 4:04:43 pm

Hello Everyone Thanks in advance. Im currently Working as an Assistant Editor at a Broadcast company. Im hoping to change roles and become a Engineer, I have a technical background, but not in Broadcast environment. I Know Im Going to require getting IT Training and Cisco Training and Most Likely ACSR Training. My Question is go for a Computer Science degree or take some training classes for IT and Cisco, or a Broadcast School if there is such a thing. If you have a suggestion or better idea, please let me know. Thanks

Return to posts index

Gary Hazen
Re: Broadcast Enginering Education
on Jul 31, 2012 at 2:37:38 pm

I think you're making a wise choice. It's difficult to find quality engineers.

NEP is the top producer of broadcast engineers in the U.S. They have an apprentice program if you're interested.

http://www.nepinc.com/careers/apprentice_program

Fair warning. Working on a OB truck in a live sports environment is about as stressful as it gets. A lot of engineers burn out because of the intensity of the job. If you can handle working on a OB truck you can handle just about anything.

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Jul 31, 2012 at 9:33:14 pm

Check out the Society of Broadcast Engineers (sbe.org). There is a wealth of information on many levels of certification in the broadcast business, both for video/audio and IT. All the engineers here (including myself) are SBE certified. Good way to learn and get into the business.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Mark Dershowitz
on Aug 9, 2012 at 3:18:52 pm

Guys Thanks for Posting this Information, Much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on Aug 16, 2012 at 7:41:46 pm

The Cleveland Institute offers a Broadcast Engineering correspondence course that may offer what you’re looking for. It’s quite intensive, covering many topics that affect a broadcast engineer.

Chuck Pullen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]