FORUMS: list search recent posts

Workflow settings in Premiere Pro for delivery of HD to SD on DVD for TV playback

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Smith
Workflow settings in Premiere Pro for delivery of HD to SD on DVD for TV playback
on Apr 23, 2012 at 6:37:00 pm

OK so while I am a good editor in terms of story telling and technique, the technical side concerning formats and codecs is not something I understand clearly yet. Someone I know has come to me wanting to get an episode of something aired on a local station. They want the show in SD on a first play DVD like you would make in Encore (which I am using).

The camera my contact is using is a Sony HVR HD-1000U. They are then taking that footage into iMovie and doing rough edits and then they export as quicktime/h.264 for me to then turn into a final cut. I am using Premiere Pro.

So questions:

1: Should they be exporting as something else to me instead of that codec?
2: Should I be using a 16:9 sequence to edit? If so, A: should I export out of Premiere as 4:3 to use in Encore, or export out as 16:9 and let Encore to the converting to 4:3?
3: Should I be using a 4:3 sequence to edit?
4: My contact said he would like there to be no pillarboxing and would rather letterboxing.

If there is any sort of material I can read to fully get a grasp on this aspect of the game, I would appreciate a link :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]