FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dell Precision M6600 w/ Ultrasharp Premiere Color Monitor for Broadcast Color Grading?

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Gherghel
Dell Precision M6600 w/ Ultrasharp Premiere Color Monitor for Broadcast Color Grading?
on Apr 16, 2012 at 10:41:04 pm

Hey all, I am well aware that the best color correction involves a seperate external monitor. But in my situation, I travel allot and need something allot more mobile rather than carrying a 17inch fsi monitor with me everywhere I go. If I need to go that route, than I will spend $2,500 on a $17 inch, 400 on a UltraStudio SDI through usb 3.

But before i have to go that route, I want to see if I can get the dell precission m6600 mobile workstation with a extra $550 monitor. Here are the specs:

17.3" UltraSharp™ FHD(1920x1080) PremierColor IPS RGB Anti-Glare LED-backlit Premium Panel Guarantee.

100% rgb gamut
100% srgb gamut
100% ntsc gamut

Viewing angle- 170 degrees angle

here is the link:
http://content.dell.com/us/en/business/d/help-me-choose/hmc-precision-lcd.a...

To my knowledge, it is pretty much the same monitor as the 24" and 30" Dell monitors monitors but just a little bit lighter.

I would then get a calibrating system to calibrate the monitor. Here is what I have in mind: CalPC w/ OEM i1Display Colorimeter
http://store.spectracal.com/consumer/calpc-monitor-calibration/calpc-w-oem-...

I just want to know if this monitor is sufficient enough for color correcting. I do graphic work, photo correction, video editing, and 3d stuff.

Davinci Resolve 8.2 will be my program for doing color correction. I have a canon 60d so I am ot doing 4k stuff.

So, Is this monitor good enough or should I get the fsi 17"? Keep in mind, I will be doing a variety of work throughout Eastern Europe.

Please let me know your honest opinion.

P.S. The graphics card would probably be the gtx 580m or the quadro 5010m. They both have the same amount of cudas so i am leaning more towards 580m. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]