FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony BVS-3100 Beginner Question - Button Flashing

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Parkansky
Sony BVS-3100 Beginner Question - Button Flashing
on Apr 13, 2012 at 4:36:38 am

I have a BVS-3100 switcher with several inputs, one of them being a color bar generator. (Note that this switcher appears to be the same as the Grass Valley 110 switcher.)

When I select the color bar generator on the program bus the button flashes but the color bars appear on the program monitor just fine. If I select 'color background' on the program bus that button doesn't flash (and the color background appears on the program monitor just fine).

If I select the color bars on the preview bus the button doesn't flash and the color bars appear on the preview monitor just fine.

I have a PDF of the manual but nothing in it says what is indicated by a flashing button.

Does anyone know what is indicated by a flashing button ?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: Sony BVS-3100 Beginner Question - Button Flashing
on Apr 13, 2012 at 7:12:20 pm

On many of Sony's pieces of equipment, a flashing light means either a missing signal or a non-synchronous signal. Since the switcher is passing the bars, I'd guess it might be the latter. Check your manual for the section on reference inputs or gen-locking to see if it's mentioned. Are the bars and the switcher locked to a common reference?

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Keith Parkansky
Re: Sony BVS-3100 Beginner Question - Button Flashing
on Apr 14, 2012 at 5:21:48 am

I don't recall if the color bar generator had any sort of gen lock connection. it's a Tektronix. I'll have to check. I'm also finding that some of the connectors on my home-made BNC cables have bad crimps on the center pin so if I do have it connected it may not be connected well. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]