FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony CCZ 26-pin Cable Terminations

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Holliday
Sony CCZ 26-pin Cable Terminations
on Feb 24, 2012 at 7:26:33 pm

Hi all,

First time posting here. I was hoping someone would have a little information on terminating 26-pin CCU cable. After endless searching online, I've found very little about repairing/terminating these cables.

I did find a pinout though which is somewhat helpful. But I was hoping to hear back from someone who has had experience building these types of cables.

Anyway, my first question: "I've read a lot people's method to fixing these, just cut the cable, do a lot of prep work, then re-solder" Is it that easy, or is there a potential issue with the analog timing with the cable once you do that?

My other question is if anyone knows the proper wire type used per pin? Or should I just carefully examine each contact for gauge and type as I remove the old 26-pin connector?

I'm sure there are a lot of old gear heads here that have dealt with these connections, any information would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Return to posts index

William Holliday
Re: Sony CCZ 26-pin Cable Terminations
on Apr 17, 2012 at 5:15:04 pm

I attempted a repair, and was successful.
I have plenty more CCZ cable, on the next run I plan on photo documenting the process and will post a tutorial once completed.

You're welcome all!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]