FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding SDI Card and digital audio to Panasonic AJ-D650

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Stutzman
Adding SDI Card and digital audio to Panasonic AJ-D650
on Feb 16, 2012 at 2:26:47 pm

Added a SDI card and Digital (AES/EBU) from another machine (the same Model) and when I try and use it I get video but no audio from it. Is there a menu setting that needs to be changed in order for the audio to work? There is no audio coming to or from the deck only the video is going through. Any solutions? The reason I am doing this is because I have a deck with very few hours on it but it does not have the SDI or the Digital (AES/EBU) and would be nice to use this working deck with the digital inputs. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: Adding SDI Card and digital audio to Panasonic AJ-D650
on Feb 18, 2012 at 11:38:06 pm

Not sure about the D650, but on a D750 there is a button right on the front panel for selecting audio I/O. Just push the button until you've selected the audio source you need.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Kyle Stutzman
on Feb 19, 2012 at 2:56:18 am

I already changed the audio switch to digital and AES/EBU that wasn't working either. I was wondering if there was mainly a menu setting that needed to be changed or maybe even something on one of the boards inside.

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Feb 22, 2012 at 3:09:52 pm

I have a D-750 at home. I'll take a look at the menu settings and try to find out what's up. I haven't used the machine for a while. Standby...

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Feb 27, 2012 at 7:05:36 pm

Not sure hat the problem might be with your deck. If I feed SDI into my deck and select the serial input setting for both audio and video, it works fine. If the serial signal isn't present, the serial input will flash as will the audio selection if the digital signal is missing. Dumb question. You are putting the signal into the inputs on the SDI card and not the normal video inputs, right? Sorry, I had to ask.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Kyle Stutzman
on Feb 27, 2012 at 7:26:55 pm

Yes, that is correct I am using the SDI input when plugging the BNC in. I am coming out of the computer to a canopus then the canopus is going into the deck using the SDI inputs. Now with this configuration I do have decks that work with the canopus so it isn't the canopus not working, because if I put another deck in it's place that I know works with the SDI, it works fine. It is just kind of weird that the video goes through just not the audio. Maybe this deck has different software in it that isn't letting it go through, and maybe it isn't even possible to do.

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Feb 29, 2012 at 2:32:51 pm

You are feeding it AES audio and not SDI embedded, right? I'll take another look my the deck. I installed the SDI card over 12 years ago and don't remember if I had to change anything inside the deck. I'll look at it again.

Does your Canopus output embedded audio or have you tried using a source that does have embedded audio to see if that might work? The 750 had input selectors on the front panel to choose which input to use. Not sure what the difference might be with a 650. I'll Google info in the 650 and see what I can come up with.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Feb 29, 2012 at 2:55:20 pm

I downloaded the manual for the 650. Quite a different deck than the 750.

If you are using embedded audio, make sure that Item 720 in the menu settings is set to "On" to recognize the audio embedded in the SDI signal. If you are using AES audio, try turning the setting "Off" if it is enabled. The deck had a switch on the front panel that selects between the two kinds of digital audio and the menu settings shouldn't make a difference (except in accepting embedded audio) but it's worth a try.
Weird that the video will work but not the audio.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Feb 29, 2012 at 3:01:41 pm

Also, taking a quick look at the user manual, there appears to be both an optional board for both digital video and for digital audio. Do you have both boards installed?

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Kyle Stutzman
on Feb 29, 2012 at 5:17:22 pm

Tom you are awesome! The board was it. I took a deck that I knew had worked with the SDI inputs and there was actually another little board attached to a board in that one. So took that board out and put it in the one that wasn't working and now it works beautifully. Thanks for taking so much time on helping me out.
Kyle

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Feb 29, 2012 at 10:19:49 pm

No problem. Happy to help.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]