FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio dropout with mpeg 2 encoding on Cable outlet

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Zipfel
Audio dropout with mpeg 2 encoding on Cable outlet
on Feb 1, 2012 at 1:43:31 pm

One of the outlets I send commerceial content to is a local cable company which serves subscribers only within city limits. They have their own set of encoding specs, etc, and have always had periodic audio problems of sorts, but it seems my spots in particular suffer dropouts more often. They mostly load other source material from Beta sp, mine from Mpeg 2 files off an FTP. I have discovered that these dropouts occur when there is something more data intensive, (motion grpahics, etc., maybe a fancy transition) onscreen. Visuals are fine, just the audio breaks up or drops out for a few frames. Is this a buffering issue, bit rate, or streaming problem? and something I can avoid by tweaking the audio encoding? Any help much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Jeff Dubin
Re: Audio dropout with mpeg 2 encoding on Cable outlet
on Feb 1, 2012 at 3:55:16 pm

Any chance you could find out what device is outputting the files you're uploading? That way you could contact the manufacturer and encode to known specs.

Return to posts index

Peter Zipfel
on Feb 2, 2012 at 9:49:52 pm

Jeff thanks for the input..I have spoken to the support guy for the hardware that does the final encode for air. ..unfortunately the specs he sent me were a screenshot of the Adobe Media Encoder for Mpeg2, which I had already been using, to no avail. Its one of those situations where they came in and did the install ..trained the folks here how to run it, and then provide support by email/phone. It may be something as simple as a marginal encode computer or local setting, but I have no way of knowing, or getting anyone locally to take the time to investigate it. Just was hoping someone here might have run into similar circumstances.

Return to posts index

Jeff Dubin
on Feb 2, 2012 at 10:02:42 pm

Hmmm... okay, how what about asking him to send you something he can input to the system that plays back without errors? Then use something like gspot (http://www.headbands.com/gspot/) to get details and tweak your encodes to match.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]