FORUMS: list search recent posts

CBS broadcast; pre- and post-roll and also formats

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Lovell
CBS broadcast; pre- and post-roll and also formats
on Nov 4, 2011 at 5:35:50 pm

I am going to be submitting a short segment (25 or 30 secs) for consideration by CBS for broadcast during the Army-Navy game.

There are a few questions I have on this point.

Pre- and post-roll. They asked for a certain amount (10 or 30 secs... I'd have to check) of pre- and post-roll for my clip. What exactly would they like to see in this time? Usable footage should they find they have more time to kill, or something like a count-in? If the former, is there any standard means by which I should indicate my preferred "in" time?

I have shot some footage in 1080 30p on my EX1. I have other footage I'd consider adding to it, but most of that is at 24p. Is 30p what I should be delivering in? Should I be looking for still shots rather than upsampling my 24p to 30p?

I should stress that I am an amateur, but my video is being considered against what is likely other amateurs with less evocative subject matter.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

tone

Return to posts index

Dixon Johnston
Re: CBS broadcast; pre- and post-roll and also formats
on Nov 23, 2011 at 12:27:57 am

I would assume from the pre-post roll request that that they are talking about a tape based dub of your submission. If you are delivering tape, it makes sense that they'd want pre and post roll with an uninterrupted timecode, so that the tape machines can perform the pre/post roll as they edit it into the tie reel. In a digital delivery, I dont know why they would need it, except that bars and tone are the most traditional way to set audio and video levels as its ingested, and a slate-title, length, format, production contact info, is an unquestionable way to identify the right spot, so it goes in the right place. Pre roll to me, means bars and tone for 10-30 seconds, a slate for 5-10 seconds, and post roll would be black.

Dixon Johnston
Creative Services Director-WRIC

Aquisition: P2 500, Beta SX & SP
Edit: FCP-AJA IO-SD-HD 720P

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]