FORUMS: list search recent posts

Formating Issues for Local T.V. Station

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Terrone
Formating Issues for Local T.V. Station
on Nov 3, 2011 at 6:50:20 pm

Hello All,

I just recently began working for a local, Tampa Bay T.V. station and was told to export the vids preferably in MPEG2. The software they are using was supposed to transform any video format (ex .mov, .mp4 .avi) so that it could be placed in the queue and scheduled to air. I originally gave them a .mov file which didn't work. I then tried to export that file using quicktime pro into an MPEG-4 and the quality was horrible. I assumed that it was because the video would have been exported 2x so I went back to the original in Final Cut Pro. I then exported 3 file types using Compressor. The MPEG-2 exported with decent video and no audio, The MPEG-4 exported with poor video and horrible audio(noise) and the 3rd which was called "Transport Stream MPEG-2". All three of these were under Settings-->Formats--->MPEG-2 within Compressor. I'm now trying to export again using Compressor by using the MPEG-2 formats under the DVD Settings. Can any of you give me the best way to export to MPEG-2 from FCP in order to keep the integrity of the original footage. The .mov file looked/sounded great but for some reason every thing else is failing. Thanks in advance for your help!

John Terrone

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]