FORUMS: list search recent posts

Delivery requirements for Australian broadcaster

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Melissa McLeary
Delivery requirements for Australian broadcaster
on Oct 22, 2011 at 7:37:44 pm

Hi
Has anyone had to deliver a digital file to an Australian broadcaster?

The delivery information I have received is:
Deliver in High Definition
Codec DVCPro50
Anamorphic 720x576
14 x 9 safe for all graphics
List of essential super information

I am editing Final Cut Pro 7.0.3

Am I right in assuming the pixel aspect ratio ought to be PAL - CCIR 601 (720x576)
with an aspect ratio: CCIR 601/DV PAL (5:4) Anamorphic 16:9
Lower field first
@ 25 frames per second
Codec: DVCPro50 PAL ?

The majority of the footage was shot the on 5D (1920 × 1080, Upper field first, square pixel aspect, 25fps). In addition to this P2 (1440 x 1080, DVCPRO HDp25, pixel aspect HD (1440x1080), 25fps), material from a DVD and archive material form the internet.

I transcoded all material to Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) (1920 × 1080, Upper field first, square pixel aspect, 25fps) and edited using the same sequence settings before receiving the delivery requirements.

I want to make sure I have the correct settings, before re-transcoded the footage in my final sequence and re-editing the DVCPRO material

Any tips would be appreciated.
Thank you

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: Delivery requirements for Australian broadcaster
on Oct 24, 2011 at 3:28:38 pm

I find it funny that they give you a complete contradiction in the delivery requirements by saying "Deliver in High Definition" and then listing specs that are standard definition. I would try to check with someone to see if that's really what they mean.

If they do actually want DVCPro50, then make sure about the field order. Something tells me it might be upper field first. Everything else you've got there sounds good.

Return to posts index

Melissa McLeary
Re: Delivery requirements for Australian broadcaster
on Oct 24, 2011 at 3:37:25 pm

Hi Mark
Yes that statement ("Deliver in high definition. Codec DVCPro50") confused me considerably.
I've since found out there is the option to deliver a high definition Apple ProRes file or a standard definition DVCPRO50 file.
But that's all the information I have.
The director is going to ask for the HD specs.

Thanks for your response

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]