FORUMS: list search recent posts

Line 21 CC not output on BVW-70

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Lauterbach
Line 21 CC not output on BVW-70
on Sep 27, 2011 at 8:49:51 pm

I have two Sony BVW-70's that are used to create masters with closed captioning on line 21 from Final Cut Pro. After I lay down to tape, one of them is fine and will display CC when viewed with a CC decoder. The other deck does not output the CC. If I check the master with another deck, the closed captioning is there. So its just not being output on that particular BVW-70... in the overscan I do not see anything except black where I should see VITC and CC.

Is there a setting that I'm missing that is blocking all of that data from being output?

This seemed more of a technical issue for the Broadcast category than something for the closed captioning forum.

Thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: Line 21 CC not output on BVW-70
on Sep 28, 2011 at 6:44:35 am

IIRC there is a menu setting on the BVW series for blanking lines in the vertical interval, so you should be able to undo that if you go through the menus (I can't remember exactly where it is, sorry).

Return to posts index

David Lauterbach
on Sep 28, 2011 at 12:04:38 pm

There does not seem to be any menu item I can find. Another editor here told me it might be a dip switch on one of the boards.

Dave

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on Sep 28, 2011 at 8:35:31 pm

If I remember correctly, what you have to do is flip up the control panel so that you can get at the boards behind it, then there's some buttons on one of the boards marked something like System Setup - that will bring up the menu. In theory you can navigate through it by reading the numbers on the timecode display, but it's much easier if you've got the Video Output 3 plugged into a monitor and read it on the screen. You can scroll through the menu using the jogwheel, I think it's the shuttle/jog button that switches between choosing an item in the menu and choosing a value for that item (if it's not, try the other buttons on the panel, I haven't done this for a while and I might be confusing it with a different model) then when you've changed whatever you're going to change you save it with the set button under the panel.

Return to posts index

David Lauterbach
on Sep 29, 2011 at 1:42:04 am

I managed to find a service manual online for the BVW-75P and although it's a different model (and PAL) it was similar enough for me to figure out that it was dip switch settings on the TBC-9 card. The card was set to blank certain lines, so I flipped the dips and the deck is outputting closed caption now.

Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]