FORUMS: list search recent posts

IDX Wireless HD Transmitter Troubleshooting

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
simon zehentner
IDX Wireless HD Transmitter Troubleshooting
on Sep 20, 2011 at 2:41:21 pm

Hello
Since it seems there is no solution for my problem you guys here at cc.com are my last hope. I got lots of good input from this forum on other subjects over the past years so now i hope someone here has experience with the IDX CW-5HD Wireless Transmitter for HD SDI.

I am using the system the second year now for a mobile camera at icehockey games in austria (live projection in the arena and highlights for television).
End of last season i started to have problems with the videoquality (artefacts and total loss of connection).
We thought it was some kind of very strong wireless transmitters photographers use but this season i am experiencing the same problems again.
There are no real settings on the IDX hardware except for a switch between 4 channels, which all seem to have the same problems.
Can someone think of a source for my problem?
I love the freedom and don't want to be stuck to a cable anymore!
best regards from austria,

Simon.

Return to posts index

Gary Hazen
Re: IDX Wireless HD Transmitter Troubleshooting
on Sep 20, 2011 at 6:06:37 pm

Sounds like somebody is stepping on your frequency.

Is there a spectrum analyser at the venue to see what frquencies are in play?

If you use the system at an alternative location (i.e.; not the arena) do the problems persist?

Return to posts index

simon zehentner
Re: IDX Wireless HD Transmitter Troubleshooting
on Sep 20, 2011 at 6:20:24 pm

Thanks for your response
Sadly I do not have the equipment to analyse the transmitted frequencies.
I know from a friend at another production company in town, that they experienced similar problems at an outdoor event a few weeks ago.
The frequencies used by the IDX Transmitter are between 2,1 and 2,8 Ghz. The wireless standard 802.11 N uses nearly the same spectrum. Maybe due to the increasing usage of this standard in homeuse and with mobile phones we get these problems? I can not explain it because i am not an expert in wireless communication...
Really I am at the point of giving up to fix the problem but just want to try to understand it.
Simon.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]