FORUMS: list search recent posts

A/B Roll video playback software. Bob Z please!

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joey Goodsell
A/B Roll video playback software. Bob Z please!
on Sep 13, 2011 at 8:20:04 pm

Here's the short sad story. I recently took a faculty position at a University. This University just spent 500K to build a new studio. It is nice except for one thing. The video playback technology doesn't work. It is a windows based HD system with a Matrox video card called Spencer. Let me clarify. It will play one stream of HD video but is suppose to be able to play two simultaneously. It freezes and chokes when trying to use the A/B roll function.

OK the company is out of business so there isn't any tech support and from my understanding there never was. Guess what? lowest bidder wins every time. That's the problem, now for a solution.

We want to find a piece of software that will allow us to do what the Spencer was suppose to be able to do? I've looked at everything from MediaShout to ProPresenter to Boinx TV. Is there something better? We're producing daily and weekly live programming that requires roll ins.

Help me if you can.

JG

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: A/B Roll video playback software. Bob Z please!
on Sep 14, 2011 at 2:42:54 am

this is not a piece of software - it's a piece of hardware.
DoReMi makes it.
360 Systems makes it.
Lot's of people make it.

what happened to your dealer that installed it for you. Aren't they responsible ?

You know that you can use any of the little recorders out there for this- like the AJA Ki Pro, or
the new Blackmagic recorder. There are lots of products that can be used as playout devices.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Joey Goodsell
on Sep 14, 2011 at 10:27:27 am

I have always appreciated your to the point, no punches pulled answers.

Apparently the dealer who brokered the deal is gone too. Overall, we have a very workable and nice facility with excellent equipment. Just this one missing (important) link. Have you ever heard of the "Spencer" system? Just curious.

So the DoReMi and 360 Systems are what broadcast facilities use to roll digital content in a live situation?

The sad part is, you are located very close to us and had it been me, I would have hired you to consult on this project. Not blowing smoke.

Joey

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Sep 14, 2011 at 7:00:47 pm

I never heard of a "spencer system".
If you are in central Florida, the right company to contact for this is Rick Trock
at Trock Media.

I do USF Tampa, both campuses of Valencia Community College, and all the companies here in
Orlando. I would be more than happy to help you, but for sales of broadcast gear, Trock Media
is great.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]