Don't trust FCP waveforms that much. They have the tendency to show faint luma above 700mv which can get your tapes rejected by a picky QC department. If you are delivering masters to a TV network a hardware waveform and vector scopes are a must.
Alos, ask over and over again for the networks spec sheet. They all have one that exactly specifies not only the luma and chroma levels for the NTSC broadcast standards but also what other specific elements they what on a tape master such as length of bars, black, bars slate, 2-pop, etc, etc and the timecodes they should hit on the tape.
- Professional, Affordable Post Production for Indies.
- ProTools 9 Sound Design, Sound Editing and Sound Mixing.
- Color Grading, Finishing and Mastering for TV and Film.
- DaVinci Resolve, Apple Color / SD, HD, SR, RED, ALEXA, DSLR.
- SD, HD, SR Deck Rentals + Edit and Finishing Suites Rentals.