We have a press conference soon here in the US and we would like to have some Betacam tapes ready with broll for TV stations to use on their report. We will have the footage available for download form our FTP and can also give TV stations a flash drive with an HD version of the broll but I understand that some TV stations will want a Betacam tape.
Since we don't know which TV stations will be covering the event there's no way to get in touch with them in advance to find out what are the specs they prefer for the broll.
Is there a standard for Betacam tapes? We'll have a post house make 10 Betacam tapes and need to know the most common specs TV stations will need.
TV stations for the most part provide a tech spec sheet that matches exactly how the network has been set up. The networks follow the standard NTSC digital or analog safety standards for audio and video but no network has the same specs.
We do deliveries to many different TV networks and each one always ask for something different. Some networks video departments are more forgiving than others when they QC what it was sent. Some even reject a whole batch of tapes for a single frame off.
- Professional, Affordable Post Production for Indies.
- ProTools 9 Sound Design, Sound Editing and Sound Mixing.
- Color Grading, Finishing and Mastering for TV and Film.
- DaVinci Resolve, Apple Color / SD, HD, SR, RED, ALEXA, DSLR.
- SD, HD, SR Deck Rentals + Edit and Finishing Suites Rentals.