FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ikegami ch-400 camera

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ignacio demaria
Ikegami ch-400 camera
on Jun 13, 2011 at 8:31:51 pm

Hey guys, I was offered an Ikegami hc-400 camera used in broadcasting with a canon 17x lense, ultra light, mixer and 2 video monitors for really cheap. I have no experience with these cameras but I saw online they are expensive.
Will it be worthed to buy and re sell it if everything is in good condition? What do you guys think? I know now for the same money you can buy a panasonic or sony but looks like a good deal. Are people still buy things cameras?

Let me know

thanks!

ignacio

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Ikegami ch-400 camera
on Jun 13, 2011 at 8:47:06 pm

Don't do it! They're museum pieces. They require so much regular maintenance by an experienced video engineer, you wouldn't believe it. A modern camera is much, much better.

Think of it like this: if you needed audio recording equipment, and you saw a really cheap wire recorder on eBay, would you buy it?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

ignacio demaria
on Jun 13, 2011 at 10:52:18 pm

Thanks for the response Dave, I can get the whole thing on working condition for about $1000. Im not planing to even use it, it's not my business but I tough to make an extra buck re selling it. Do you think it's not gonna be worthed?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 14, 2011 at 3:56:44 pm

I DO NOT think it's worth it. It's like buying a case of never-used, never-opened VHS tapes for a dollar. Who's going to buy them from you?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

ignacio demaria
on Jun 20, 2011 at 7:57:15 pm

yeah, you are right. Thanks a lot man for saving me some money! hahha

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Jun 20, 2011 at 8:52:47 pm

The only way it could be worth it, is if you already had a buyer lined up before purchasing the equipment. Thus ensuring a worthwhile profit margin.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]