FORUMS: list search recent posts

Echolab 5700 rebuild

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Don Altenburger
Echolab 5700 rebuild
on May 16, 2011 at 7:02:13 pm

I work for a school district and have only been there less then a year. We're using a Echolab 5700 switcher for our events, but it gave up the ghost. Turns out it was only the PC portion that died, so reassigning inputs and the commander no longer worked. Turns out one of the metal clips that held a heat sink to a chip popped off and shorted out the motherboard and smoked the power supply. I was able to rebuild the entire PC with some newer components, but didn't have the Echolab CD's to reinstall the software. So I managed to extract some software from the old drive. It just isn't working right, especially the DPS board.

This problem is also how I found out that Echolab no longer exists and that Black Magic Design only supports the ATEM now. Seems the support material was liquidated before Black Magic even bought the company.

Hopefully there are some other Echolab users or collectors out there that can hook me up with a copy of the CD's or tell me where I could get copies.

Thanks,

Don

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: Echolab 5700 software disks
on May 24, 2011 at 3:38:45 pm

Your subject line may be misleading people into thinking it is a hardware discussion when you are actually asking for software.

Return to posts index

Don Altenburger
Re: Echolab 5700 rebuild
on Feb 3, 2012 at 7:08:24 pm

Managed to get the mobo replaced with a different brand along with a new power supply. Switchers been up and running for about 6 months now. Commander works and DPS was able to provide me with registration codes for their software, but I guess it didn't like the hardware change. Guess this will have to do till we can buy a newer switcher.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]