FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adjusting horizontal/vertical size/position on PVM-1954Q

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Chung
Adjusting horizontal/vertical size/position on PVM-1954Q
on May 15, 2011 at 10:14:16 pm

Hello,

I recently purchased Sony PVM 1954Q from eBay, but its screen condition was not normal.
Is there anybody who knows how to adjust its horizontal/vertical size/position?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Adjusting horizontal/vertical size/position on PVM-1954Q
on May 17, 2011 at 10:10:58 pm

Hi David,
Would you mind to give details of what's going on with the H/V positions?
is the picture displaced?
Is the picture rolling?
Is checked the "H/V delay" button (front panel)?
Is set to "External Sync"?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on May 18, 2011 at 2:52:14 am

Rafael -
this guy bought an old Sony PVM CRT monitor. It got bounced around, and the yoke is probably loose on the CRT, and is displacing the image. It was crazy to buy a used CRT monitor that is as old as the 1954Q series. It is worthless today. What do you suggest he does - open the unit up, and touch the hi voltage yoke, with no training or background in TV repair - he will kill himself from the hi voltage.

Throw it out, and buy yourself a small plasma or LCD display, and call it an "educational experience".

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on May 18, 2011 at 10:29:50 am

Hi Bob,
My first impression too, was that the monitor was probably screwed but I had some hope about the front panel button.
You are right, the voltage needed on CRT yoke makes that spot the most dangerous one on any studio and the charges accumulated there can kill somebody even after the monitor has been unplugged.
Any operation behind the cover is off limits for not trained people.
rafael

Return to posts index

David Chung
on Jul 20, 2011 at 12:32:53 am

Thank you so much for asking these, Rafael.

Actually, I have two problems:

first, it has a vertical linearity problem. horizontal lines on the upper half of the screen are thicker than the other half and not evenly distributed. so this makes the overall images distort. So, it cannot show the top of screen, whereas the bottom leaves a black empty area.

second, there are white lines at the top of the screen. my second problem is identical to this picture.

Could you figure out what the problems in my PVM1954Q are? Some people suggest check the vertical deflection IC and capacitors around.

Return to posts index

David Chung
on Jul 20, 2011 at 2:38:59 am

one more thing:

In addition to some white jumping lines, there are also three rgb lines on the top of the screen.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jul 26, 2011 at 10:10:41 pm

David, my knowledge in CRTs is at user level
[David Chung] "first, it has a vertical linearity problem. horizontal lines on the upper half of the screen are thicker than the other half and not evenly distributed. so this makes the overall images distort. So, it cannot show the top of screen, whereas the bottom leaves a black empty area. "
That really sounds to a problem with the Vertical deflexion (scanning).

[David Chung] "second, there are white lines at the top of the screen. my second problem is identical to this picture."
Thats more difficult to tell and the picture is too small.
They show the half line of the Vertical Blanking, but lines are interleaved between active picture lines. That shouldn't be there.picture.
I don't understand neither why the lines are white.
White lines go slope up to the right of the screen, when they should be sloping down. This may be because the still has been horizontally flipped.

David, you may try a cheap shop where they could fix old TV sets and computers screen. If the still exist, is very possible they can fix this for few dollars. In any pro service is possible they don't even accept it to repair.
rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]