FORUMS: list search recent posts

Studio Setup

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Vance
Studio Setup
on May 11, 2011 at 9:17:40 am

I am a currently setting up a news studio for mostly high school students to use. I'm trying to get everything as close to real studio feel while spending as little money as possible. The set up I'm considering at the moment is using GL2s (because we already have four) mounted on a ravelli tripods with wheels. We will be getting a few teleprompters from lcd4video as well.

My questions are concerning how to control the camera.

I'm currently planning on using a LANC control mounted on the tripod to allow for zoom control; however I'm struggling with how to tackle focus control. I know that you can get a LANC that adjusts focus as well but something just doesn't feel right about controlling focus with buttons.

I really want to be able to control the focus using a knob next to the tripod handle (just like any studio camera would). Any suggestions on how I can possibly do this using a GL2?

I've been looking at a couple follow focus setups that include the 15' whip. I have never used one of these before so I'm not really sure what to expect. Can the whips be secured to the tripod handle and still function?

Any and all help or direction would be great appreciated. If you have ever set up a studio on an educational budget, I also welcome any tips you have on where to save money.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]