FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for good 1920s, 30s and 40s Footage ASAP

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Drolet
Looking for good 1920s, 30s and 40s Footage ASAP
on Apr 26, 2011 at 4:13:51 pm

Hi all, first off...I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section, and if so could you please tell me where I should post this?
Thank you.

Here is my post....

I hope some of you know the answer to this.

Does anyone know where I can get video clips from the 1920s, 30s and 40s (black and white) showing how it was back then, footage of big band vids, dancing, city life, culture stuff. Basically videos that tell the story of what life was like back then. I'm guessing it would be stock, royalty free and maybe public domain videos. I need links to good websites....ALL you can throw at me because it's my job to find the actual individual clips for him to use. So I need all the help finding the best sites for this old, vintage footage as I can.

My boss is recording a new PBS special in a couple months and needs clips to edit together that will play on a large screen behind him while his band plays.
He knows he'll have to pay for the rights to use any of it that he uses in the show.

Any idea where I can find that type of stuff?

Thanks everyone for you help as usual :)

Mike D

Return to posts index

Chuck Reti
Re: Looking for good 1920s, 30s and 40s Footage ASAP
on Apr 30, 2011 at 12:47:40 pm

Internet Archive http://www.archive.org is a good start point.
The Moving Image section contains hundreds of thousands of selections, many of them public domain.
The site is searchable. Clips are often available in a number of formats and resolutions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]