FORUMS: list search recent posts

Turning in tv commercial in DVD problem

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ernesto Santiago
Turning in tv commercial in DVD problem
on Mar 2, 2011 at 10:23:39 pm

Hello:

I made a TV commercial that is being used in two different tv stations.I placed the commercial on DVD pro, no menus, just simply dropped the movie and prepared the project as they said it would be ok. I have no problems with one of the TV stations, however, the other tv station says the commercial is set in autoplay (which was not set). I burned the commercial twice checking all my settings and they still say the same thing. Question is: Could there be something I am missing? What might be the easiest way to place this commercial so they get it right? I am thinking of just burning the commercial into the DVD without using DVD pro (just placing it there) but I am afraid it might not be a good idea.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Ernie

Return to posts index

Chad Brewer
Re: Turning in tv commercial in DVD problem
on Mar 3, 2011 at 12:18:31 am

Some small stations will actually take a playable DVD as a deliverable as you've seen which is very telling about the low quality standards going on at such a station.

For the station that is complaining about your playable DVD, forget making a playable DVD in DVD Studio Pro. Contact the station and ask them exactly what FILE BASED formats they accept as deliverables. They may accept certain Quicktime codecs, AVI codecs, AVID codecs, MPEG2 transport streams, MPEG2 program streams, etc.

Once you ascertain what they will accept as a file, you need to prepare that file to their specifications (if they have specifications) and then put that file on a DVD disc as DATA, not an authored/playable DVD. They might even allow you to submit the file to them via FTP, YouSendIt, etc.

Chad Brewer
Senior Broadcast Videotape Operator
TeleVersions, LLC

Return to posts index

Ernesto Santiago
on Mar 3, 2011 at 1:41:12 am

I'll do that. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tim Ward
on Mar 7, 2011 at 2:59:32 pm

If the station is the type of station that will accept DVD-Video deliverables, then I'd hesitate to think they would have all their ducks in a row with file-based delivery. If all else fails, send it on a DV tape. That will all but eliminate the chance of the spot not airing as it appears and sounds (minus their extreme use of compression) on your video and audio monitors.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Mar 9, 2011 at 2:44:26 am

[Ernesto Santiago] ".I placed the commercial on DVD pro, no menus, just simply dropped the movie and prepared the project as they said it would be ok. I have no problems with one of the TV stations, however, the other tv station says the commercial is set in autoplay (which was not set)."
If your DVD has no Menu, then must be AUTO-PLAYABLE, or how do you make him play?
Probably they want a data DVD.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]