FORUMS: list search recent posts

Uploading Clips via FTP for TV Broadcast

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luis Guerrero
Uploading Clips via FTP for TV Broadcast
on Feb 7, 2011 at 11:07:22 am

I'm shooting a documentary in Nigeria with a Sony z7u and editing in the field with a MacBookPro 266GHz. I have access to satellite internet. I did a test upload to YouTube that took about two hours for a 2.5 minute clip. I have access to a private server so that the the broadcast editors can download and edit the clips together for an interview program this week in the US.

What is the best setting in FCP for uploading clips to an ftp site and still provide broadcast worthy footage?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Uploading Clips via FTP for TV Broadcast
on Feb 7, 2011 at 3:15:53 pm

My guess right now would be MPEG4 or H.264. Makes tiny, high quality files, this is what I use for FTP today when I send samples to clients for approvals. But these can be hard to edit, as H.264 is a delivery/display format, not really an editing codec.

Return to posts index

Luis Guerrero
on Feb 7, 2011 at 3:31:39 pm

Thanks Mark.

It sounds like it would be best for me to edit the clips and export them from FCP using H.264 rather than trying to upload my unedited .mov files.

At this point I just want to provide the station with footage they can broadcast as cutaways during the interview in the studio.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Feb 7, 2011 at 4:44:51 pm

You should ask the studio what format is easiest for them to handle.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]