FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic AG-AF100 for broadcast cameras with panasonic av-hs400a switcher?

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ivan Gonzalez
Panasonic AG-AF100 for broadcast cameras with panasonic av-hs400a switcher?
on Jan 22, 2011 at 3:17:20 am

Hey guys,

I'm planning in buying a panasonic av-hs400a switcher for live broadcast interviews, what kind of cameras do you guys recommend for this type of workflow. The interviews last about 7 hours on the air. I'm thinking about the AG-HPX170 or the new AG-AF100. They both have hd-sdi bnc connector outputs for a switcher and a great price. I need ntsc broadcast sd cameras and maybe hd if clients request it. I believe these cameras can output to those formats.

My interviews are only one to two talents and sometimes products, rarely movement, Do I need to buy high-end $30k+ cameras or do you think these type of cameras can handle it. My only concern is having glitches or cycles in the video, i need a clean signal for is airing on national television.

I would really appreciate your input,

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Panasonic AG-AF100 for broadcast cameras with panasonic av-hs400a switcher?
on Jan 22, 2011 at 10:56:05 am

Hi Ivan,
I think the first thing you should get clear is if you are going SD or HD.
To spend all that money (+15K)j just for one interview, when you can rent all that just for few hundreds bucks, I think is a bit crazy.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Ivan Gonzalez
on Jan 24, 2011 at 7:48:35 am

Hey Raf,

Thanks for replying, I'm doing up to 10 interviews per month, its cheaper to buy than to rent for me. I looked at the figures, if do 100 ill spend 30k in rental; Buy 12k.

I need to have the capability to do both hd and sd, both cameras support it. Im haven't played with the af-af100 camera yet. When i run a test and compare them myself ill put some pictures and my theses.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
on Jan 22, 2011 at 1:06:58 pm

Hi,

The output from either camera can be SD or HD and will be glitch free. But if you are needing to have the cameras also record in SD, the HPX170 is the only one that will do that.

Hest,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, AVCCAM, AG-3DA1, AG-AF100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Ivan Gonzalez
on Jan 24, 2011 at 7:53:26 am

Hey Jan,

Thank you for replying, im not too worried about recording, i have and hvx200a camera system for that. Mostly live shows. So you think ill be able to use that camera to broadcast live television interviews or am i playing with fire and could lose clients because of it.

Would like to know your feedback,

thank you jan.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jan 25, 2011 at 11:00:12 am

Hi Ivan,
Both cameras will be good for your job.
What you have to think about is cameras SYNCHRONIZATION.
No one of those cameras are GENLOCK-able. so you can not feed them with the reference signal from the switcher, although is very possible that working with those cameras- SDI - do not need such external reference.
Talk with the PANA guys about the sync issue.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on Jan 25, 2011 at 7:10:02 pm

Don't worry about genlock with the 400. It would be nice to get some cameras that have it, and use something like the Gen 10 to feed everything, but it can handle any stable HD-SDI signal feeding it if it is configured correctly. As long as you stick to no more than 4 hd-Sdi sources, you won’t have to worry about buying extra cards for the 400. Feed the whole thing into a Ki Pro, then you can record in hd and down convert as necessary from there.

If you can afford it, save yourself all of the hassle and pick up one of these from Rich Rubin and Mobile Studios.

http://www.mobilestudios.com/products.asp?cat=5

Chuck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]