FORUMS: list search recent posts

color correction

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brenda Negro
color correction
on Dec 7, 2010 at 12:45:38 am

I need to buy a monitor for color correction. But I don´t know wich. The material is recorded in HD 1080 and its final delivery will be for TV, DVD, and the web.
I am working with Apple Color, and have a DSC frontbox Chart, we also have a Matrox System. So far I have been using a Sony PMV monitor (NTSC) and an LG HD LCD. The Sony seems fine but since the image is HD I have doubts about the color space standards, how will the diferences between Rec. 601 and Rec. 709 impact my work, and will the choice of monitor affect it. If the original image is HD, can I still work with a SD monitor if the final product will be converted to SD? Or do I need an HD monitor? Then the LG LCD doesn´t seem to be trustworthy, I calibrate the bars correctly then switch to an image, it always looks uncontrasted and red. And what about the video on the web? Should I watch out for something, what about the diference between a PC screen and a Mac screen?
I try to do the best I can with what I got, I watch the waveform and vectorscopes so the image is inside de limits, not crushed or over, but still Im afraid that it won´t look right after. We will be buying more equipment anyways but I´m a litlle lost, and so desperate to find some answers soon.
All the help will be greatly apreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]