FORUMS: list search recent posts

Radio/TV Simulcast Audio Issue

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Pullen
Radio/TV Simulcast Audio Issue
on Nov 4, 2010 at 4:48:07 pm

Hey guys, ran into a weird situation I'm looking for advice on. I am needing to do a hybrid radio/streaming T.V. show in a couple of weeks, and am trying to figure out how to get audio back and forth?

The radio talent will be in broadcasting from a T.V. studio across town. They are going to listen to the callers using a radio patched in since we won't have a delay (Shh...don't tell anyone) And I need to figure out how they can hear the callers, and send that back to the studio (using a MARTI wireless unit) without the echo? Simple solution is to have them wear headsets, but there has got to be a better way since they will be on T.V.?

Thanks,

Chuck Pullen

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Radio/TV Simulcast Audio Issue
on Nov 4, 2010 at 9:12:12 pm

Your audio engineer has to set up what's called a "mix-minus" feed on his board.

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
on Nov 5, 2010 at 3:05:54 am

"Simple solution is to have them wear headsets, but there has got to be a better way since they will be on T.V.?"
But many (most?) presenters on TV are wearing (nearly invisible) earpieces to hear the IFB anyway, so why wouldn't that be a way for the talk host to hear the callers?

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on Nov 5, 2010 at 1:43:24 pm

Thanks for your input guys. I think I will be using a hybrid solution of both of your ideas. Only problem is this is a "vocational school" TV. studio. I will not know if their board is configured to allow for mix-minus to the studio, or if they have an RTS Comm. system that supports IFB.

Finally getting the tour this afternoon, so that should give me more to go on.

Chuck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]