FORUMS: list search recent posts

HS400 and Alpha

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Rozon
HS400 and Alpha
on Oct 27, 2010 at 6:49:30 pm

Using Panasonic HS400 switch connected to laptop. connectivity is good, bringing in Tiff with Alpha and I am having difficulties keying using Alpha.

Manual says to bring image into fmem1 and alpha into fmem2 which I have done. I think I am 95% there but still not quite right. Looks like I am doing a luma key on the fmem1 instead of using alpha to key.

I am pretty sure it is a basic operator error but I cant seem to get it right. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
Re: HS400 and Alpha
on Oct 27, 2010 at 7:37:00 pm

Can you elaborate on the connections and software you are using? I had a similar issue, so I'm curious to what your approach is?

Chuck

Return to posts index

Paul Rozon
on Oct 27, 2010 at 7:57:24 pm

I am generating a lower third graphic with Alpha as a Tiff in Photoshop .

I load that Tiff onto my laptop which is connected to the HS400 using CAT5 crossover cable.

Using the "image transmission software" I load the TIFF into the HS400 switcher FMEM1 is image FMEM2 is alpha.

Image looks good and Alpha look good but when I try to key it using the DSK it doesnt seem to be using the Alpha as the key source.

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on Oct 28, 2010 at 1:43:44 pm

I actually avoided that approach, I have tried that in the past with other switchers, and have never been happy with the keyer. My current idea is to use a Blackmagic card with dual outputs (key and fill) into the 450. The main problem being that it takes up 2 valuable spigots on the switcher, so I have to invest in an extra input card for around $2k.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]