FORUMS: list search recent posts

camera with rgbhv output

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Federico Petrone
camera with rgbhv output
on Sep 22, 2010 at 7:38:31 pm

I need a professional HD camera (1080i / 1080p preferred) with RGBHV output.....
I thought Sony had one but now I can't find it... If direct RGBHV output is not available then what's the best way to get RGBHV from an HD Camera? HD-SDI to RGBHV converter?

Cheers!

Federico

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: camera with rgbhv output
on Sep 23, 2010 at 12:49:17 am

RGBHV isn't used anymore by any modern product. External H and V sync were used by old CRT computer monitors, and old projectors that were used for displaying computer signals.

Most products that take analog component video, accept the "sync on green" on the "Y" channel.

Exactly what are you trying to hookup to ? The odds are, that even if you found a RGBHV converter, your monitor or projector would never be able to handle an HD 1920x1080 signal anyway.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Federico Petrone
on Sep 24, 2010 at 1:42:14 pm

Hey Bob, thaks for your reply.

This is a BIG mutiroom video project wich has to integrate in a central matrix all kinds of video signals to be displayed in different flat screens, projectors and videowalls. All the visuals I'm specifying take VGA inputs of different resolutions including 1080p. All video inputs are VGA (RGBHV). I'm converting all kinds of signals to VGA using small converters. I did not want to use a converter with the cameras though, to avoid downgrading this signal which was the most important. I used Sony's BRCH 700 PTZ cameras with RGBHV direct out and I wanted handheld cameras with the same native output just to make it easier to integrate...

Anyway I think I will have to get an HD-SDI to RGBHV Converter.....

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Sep 25, 2010 at 5:14:37 pm

I am sure that Kramer Electronics has exactly what you are looking for (as well as Extron).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]