FORUMS: list search recent posts

Monitor to use with Glidecam HD 4000

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Göran Thorén
Monitor to use with Glidecam HD 4000
on Jul 31, 2010 at 6:00:06 pm

Hi all!
I have searched a lot for this but haven´t found one single hit on the subject.
I´m thinking of purchasing a Glidecam HD 4000 for my 7D and I need to have an external monitor attached to it. I was thinking of putting it on the plate holding the weights but maby it's possible to put it on the camera directly? I don't know if that screws the balancing up? Anyone have experience in this area?

Thank's

Return to posts index

Guthrie Andres
Re: Monitor to use with Glidecam HD 4000
on Aug 3, 2010 at 12:29:40 pm

At least with our glidecam you can adjust the position of the camera from side to side as well as front-to-back. that way if the monitor does alter the balance a bit to the side, you can compensate for it. I've found that it's most helpful to have the monitor on the bottom of the sled, since then you can kind of look out for things you're about to trip over. We use a smallHD DP1 for our monitor and mount it to the front of the sled. It's nice because it has a built in battery mount, so there is just one HDMI cable leading to the camera. The monitor itself acts as a weight though, so you need to get it into a good viewing position before you start balancing, otherwise when you adjust the monitor it will screw up all your hard work.
-Guthrie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]