FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video mixer in for HD

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Sepulveda
Video mixer in for HD
on Jul 26, 2010 at 8:22:33 pm

Hi,

Our production company owns two XDCAM EX PMW-EX1, and we are starting the production of a new TV show. We need a way to mix video (switcher) to be used with these two cameras, but in HD. What I have found on the internet is way to expensive (us $8000 and up). Does anyone know an affordable HD video mixer? Or any affordable solution for mixing two live video streams (maybe through software)?

Than You

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Video mixer in for HD
on Jul 27, 2010 at 12:37:43 am

$8000 is inexpensive. Normal switchers cost over $25,000 and up (and I mean all the way up). You are looking at wonderful products from Roland (Edirol), Panasonic, and For-A. The next level up is Broadcast Pix and Ross. Then it goes hi end like Snell and Wilcox, Grass Valley, Sony, and other brands you can't afford. $8000 is inexpensive. I think that the Newtek Tricaster is in this price range too.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
on Jul 28, 2010 at 10:32:44 pm

I have a Panasonic AW-HS50 on order for my ultra-portable HD production unit. $4000. Great features.

http://www.panasonic.net/pss/broad/product/switcher/aw-hs50/index.html

Return to posts index

maurice jansen
on Jul 31, 2010 at 1:41:11 pm

now that's a cute little mixer
will it grow if you feed it ;-)

nice spec's though

grt
Maurice

People saying they don't make mistake's often make nothing at all!

Return to posts index

Richard Cardonna
on Aug 3, 2010 at 4:36:37 am

Check avtake.com

they have a hd 4 camera mixer. its software using deckilnk cards. it's workflow similar to a low end broadcastpix or tricaster but the video is superb. With hardware it could cost you close to 4k but will give you more than any hard panel system in that price range and higher.

All monitors are in the program but you can add an external monitor for clients.

You can insert video clips,images,titles from the hard drive.

If you use photoshop or gimp for titles the system automaticaly updates it on the program monitor. You can recored to hdd in avi or mpeg while streaming multigraph video to the internet on any encoder, you can also use external mointor or projector.

This will also up and down convert on the fly and works progresive and interlaced from 720x480 up to 1080.

They have a trial but the sd and hd version only work if you have at least 1 decklink or bm card. the dv version is firewire they all have the same interface.

RC

rc

Return to posts index

Kasper Skårhøj
on Sep 25, 2010 at 4:28:10 pm

Hi there,

I have been lurking the net for months to see if any real person had a real review to offer of the AW-HS50. So far I found none, but now I own one unit myself - and can share my experiences!

I'm totally blown away with it! I love it. I just love it! I was wondering for a long time while it was on order how it might eventually not meet my bloated expectations but it met them all and more! The only drawback I can find is that it makes a bit of noise (but orders of multitude less than a Tricaster or Broadcast pix I have tried!) with the fan and judging from the cool air it blows out it feels a bit overkill to cool it so much. If you are handy and dare to, you can probably mod it...

Anyway, if what you are looking for is 5 channels of HD in a compact form factor, the whole Panasonic 50'er series is it.

More specifically, you should notice that you configure the system for a certain HD or SD quality. For instance if you choose "1080i50" you better input 1080i50 into it - otherwise the input remains black. There is only a scaler on the DVI input.

Anyway, you can read for yourself what the manual says:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3261603/AW-HS50E_Basics.pdf
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3261603/AW-HS50E_Operations.pdf

I should add that so far the software worked and there seemed to be no bugs.

- kasper

Return to posts index

Tony Leja
on May 31, 2011 at 3:09:09 pm

I know its been a bit, but your dropbox links are valid anymore. DO you still those pdf files for the Panasonic AW-HS50?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Kasper Skårhøj
on Jun 1, 2011 at 5:37:03 am

Sure, they are online again now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]