FORUMS: list search recent posts

Monitor for the Panasonic AV-HS400

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ant Sprung
Monitor for the Panasonic AV-HS400
on Jul 14, 2010 at 3:53:45 pm

Hello friends,

I am looking for a preview monitor for a Panasonic AV-HS400. This switcher has a 'multi' out that is HDSDI which allows me to view source previews, mix PVW and PGM all on one monitor which is great.

I would like a recommendation please! I can't afford a grade 1 type monitor with HDSDI card but was looking for something like a Blackmagic HDSDI to DVI box into for example a 30" Apple cinema display.

It would be great if the colour, contrast etc produced fairly accurate images.

So, I'd like advice on size, make/model of monitor and conversion unit please! No bigger than 30" though...

Many thanks,

Ant.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Monitor for the Panasonic AV-HS400
on Jul 14, 2010 at 6:09:05 pm

Panasonic offers a DVI output card for this monitor exactly for this application. You should absolutely be using this. I installed one of these switchers that had the analog component (HD) output card, and went into a Plasma display, and the output was overscanned, and all the sides were cut off. I got the DVI output card, and on the SAME monitor, everything was scaled perfectly. Don't waste your time - buy the Panasonic DVI output card for your switcher.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on Jul 14, 2010 at 7:46:02 pm

Ant, I am using a Panasonic BT-LH2600W that I found used on E-bay. The great thing about is that with 2 inputs you can monitor the multi. & program, and it also has a built in WFM. I know they are a little expensive but you can find a couple of them on E-bay right now. I have also used the HD-SDI to HDMI converter from AJA with a consumer Plasma monitor and it produced a great picture (It’s about half the price of the extra output card.

Chuck

Return to posts index

Ant Sprung
on Jul 15, 2010 at 12:07:42 am

Hey Chuck, thanks for the info on the panasonic - I like the waveform feature.

Cheers,

Ant

Ant Sprung

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on Jul 15, 2010 at 1:24:57 pm

It also has on screen audio meters as well. They don't replace traditional metering equipment, but they are good for confidence monitoring.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]