FORUMS: list search recent posts

hdv has size and color problem for tv broadcasting

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lee wei
hdv has size and color problem for tv broadcasting
on Jul 13, 2010 at 2:42:34 am

Please help, I am a newbie to broadcast, your advice and help is greatly appreciated.

Now I am making a video for tv commercial, it was shot in consumer hdv 16:9 due to the budget, and turned into 4:3 in post(using AE which i do some post). However when I burnt the QT file(only using Toast) in order to check the color, the image was cut-off on my hdtv 16:9 screen. Even I swiched between different TV image modes, it didnt seem right. Later I droped my 1440x1080 QT file to DVD studio pro, it also seemed like 16:9 on the timeline.

Another question, I will send the file to video house for betacam transfering. In what format should I give them?Is it easier I just go there with my drive and drop the QT file to their computer? Or should I make a DVD using DVD Studio Pro?Or I make a data dvd via toast? Which would have a better quality?(My entire project is compressed in Prores422(HQ) already)

And last, on my iMac the color seems nice, but in all my clients' pcs, it looks darker and grey. It also seems well-lit on my tv, so what should i do, should i just convince them the thing will be normal on most of the tv and other venues?

Thank you so much, I know these are all very entry-level questions, so I appreciate your time!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]