FORUMS: list search recent posts

OLd Anton Bauer battery?

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zac paraskeva
OLd Anton Bauer battery?
on Jul 12, 2010 at 12:53:07 am

So i got this new old stock battery from eBay, it is a anton bauer propac 13. My charger will not recognize the battery and the red and green lights just flash. Does anyone know of a solution for this, or where I can find a older charger that will work for these batteries.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: OLd Anton Bauer battery?
on Jul 12, 2010 at 3:26:39 pm

Anton reconditions dead packs, you could ask them.

Return to posts index

Chad Brewer
Re: OLd Anton Bauer battery?
on Jul 13, 2010 at 12:12:30 am

First, what battery charger are you attempting to charge them with? It may be incompatible with the ProPac 13's. What type of camera are you trying to charge these for? Because there may be cheaper "outboard" batteries that will attach to your camera with an adapter...
I inherited OLD! ProPac 14's that would never hold enough charge to run 27 watt/hours more than a few minutes. Anton Bauer told me they don't refurbish batteries and that they NEVER have. I'm not disagreeing with you Mark because other people as well had told me that Anton Bauer would do this. This is just what they told me this year when I approached them.
So Zac, your first problem may be that you have a charger that is not compatible with your Pro Pac 13's.
My boss and I actually hacksawed open my battery enclosures and he rewired them with new cells from ZBattery.com and they work like new now. For cheap!
Neither Fred Jodry nor Anton Bauer recommended doing this, but it has kept my camera running for far cheaper than the price of new Anton Bauer packs. Anton Bauer called me just the other day to let me know that the final change from some of these NiCad products to whatever the other material is will happen later this summer, but the newer technology batteries will still run the same old cameras.

Chad Brewer
Senior Tape Operator/Engineer
TeleVersions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]