FORUMS: list search recent posts

Now, Next, Later Idents - How to?

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Athanasios Theodorou
Now, Next, Later Idents - How to?
on Jun 24, 2010 at 9:57:31 am

Hi there,

This is my very first post but not the first time here. I've read allot of stuff in here. Anyway.

I'm in the TV industry for 8 to 9 years in video productions. I've done countless commercials, tv shows editing/post-production, motion graphics and low budget music videos (low budget everything here but high quality videos).

A local TV station approached me last week for some consulting. They've asked me how does the "Now, Next, Later" idents work. I've never thought that someone will ask me about it and so I don't know how it is done. But since I've accepted the challenge to do it I need to learn now how it's done.

I've visited the TV station to look at what they use on their Master Control Room and I was surprised to see a fully Tapeless production environment. They are using VSN systems.

A short list of components:
vsnmatic
vsnairnews
vsnnetsharer
vsnarchive
vsncg
vsnprompter

Ingest
* vsnautorec director
* vsnautorec capturer
vsnlegalrec
vsnstorage

VRI VisualCG 3D

These I remember. There might be more stuff there.
I've also noticed the SONY DVS9000SF video switcher.

Well I'm not thinking in "automation mode" because all these years I've worked projects that have a final product and it is not dynamic like the "Now, Next, Later" idents. My question is: "How do they do it?" I've seen it allot in networks like Discovery Channel. Are they doing it on the fly or do they render individual clips?

That's all.
Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]