FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Broadcasting Equipments

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
yousuf Anvar
Video Broadcasting Equipments
on Jun 19, 2010 at 11:49:46 am

Hi all, I am from Kuwait.

1. I want to know what are all the Basic equipments needed to broadcast video for TV.

2. I have one PAL format camera for video Production, because in Kuwait all broadcasting only in PAL format. But some other TV stations were using HD cameras and converting to PAL for Broadcasting. What is the difference in quality between direct pal producing, Broadcasting and converting from HD to PAL broadcasting.

3. What is the Best camera for Chroma Keying (price around 8,000 USD to 12,000 USD)

Please anybody help me out. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Video Broadcasting Equipments
on Jun 20, 2010 at 5:14:27 pm

I am confused by your question. Do you want to know how to build a broadcast TV station, or what camera you need that will be "good enough" for broadcast TV. Today, all modern cameras are HD, and can be either NTSC or PAL standards. If the TV station you work with does not transmit HD signals, the TV station will downconvert the HD video to PAL - OR they may require you to deliver a tape, or data, in the standard def PAL format. The only person that can answer this question is the TV station that you work with. In the US, many stations will accept HD media, and then downconvert it to standard def. Stations that have no HD capability will require a standard def delivery format (like Sony Beta), and it is the responsibility of the client to downconvert in advance.

All cameras are good for chroma keying. The trick to chroma keying is knowing the lighting technique, so that you have a flat green or blue background that will work with the chroma keyer. All good cameras (like Sony P2 and Sony XDCam EX) will work, but no one can tell you how to light a set for chroma keying properly on a web forum. You can have the best camera in the world, and if your set is not lit correctly, you will get terrible chroma keys in post production.

I think you want a simple answer (buy this camera, and you can do everything) - it doesn't work this way.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

yousuf Anvar
on Jun 20, 2010 at 5:29:06 pm

Thank you for your advice. Now almost i got it about what camera to use. Really i am gonna build TV station here, also i am a newbie, that's why my question was kinda lame. really thank you for your timely reply.

I was wondering what is the good device to broadcast video to satellite and any other devices needed to enhance the broadcasting work. As i told i was new in this field, i am lack of some technical terms but i think i have some potential to get it done. So if you can help me out with this, it will be more helpful.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jun 20, 2010 at 6:44:26 pm

this is my advice to you - hire a consultant. There is way too much money involved to build a TV station, and only have "newbie" experience. I don't care if your dad is a Sheik - it's just too much money to waste, and make mistakes.

Harris Broadcast is well known for building facilities in the Middle East -

http://www.broadcast.harris.com/

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jun 22, 2010 at 7:40:21 pm

Who are you, and what did you do with Bob?:-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]