FORUMS: list search recent posts

Broadcast Pix Slate 5000 thoughts

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mac Stevens
Broadcast Pix Slate 5000 thoughts
on May 30, 2010 at 6:11:01 pm

Hey all

I currently work with a Ross Synergy 1 for predominantly IMAG work. Content consists of a lot of music and I tend to have a "snappier" directing style (whatever that means :) )

We are looking to change out to a Broadcast Pix Slate 5000 since we like the idea of the clip stores, 2 MLEs, etc. Additionally we are going to add an external graphics system with key/fill. I know there are a bunch of graphics features already built in but the graphics application we are looking at has some neat workflow value adds.

We plan on using 4 genlocked cameras and 1-2 cameras non-genlocked.

As if that isn't enough, we hope to have the capability to split our IMAG screens across the MLEs. I think I'm going to have a bit of fun getting used to the workflow :)

It seems like a neat workflow that was demoed to us. Not to mention the price makes a lot of this a little more accessible to the cost sensitive nature of our group (who isn't these days).

Now, fellow Creative Cow's what do those that have used the Slate 5000 think of it?

Thanks!

-Mac

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Broadcast Pix Slate 5000 thoughts
on May 31, 2010 at 1:06:21 pm

I will be installing my first Broadcast Pix 1000 (the little one, not the 5000) in about a week - I wlll report back my findings. "Everyone" seems to think that having the clip store and CG integrated is a really big deal - I never considered that, and certainly, you do as well -

I will let you know.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Mac Stevens
Re: Broadcast Pix Slate 5000 thoughts
on May 31, 2010 at 3:59:44 pm

Bob-

Thanks for the reply...

The clip store had a bunch of the other directors I work with pretty excited. I think for many it's like anything... A value add that requires one less piece of equipment.

We plan on using the clip store extensively on top of the external graphics system. Additionally we probably will also use the watch folders as part of our workflow.

One disappointing thing about the cg built in is that if you have a motion background, you have to import it as a TIFF sequence and then render the whole thing out again. I'm curious as to the render time for a 2 min TIFF loop. I probably will just use another key layer for static text over the graphics background. Nothing like finding a name misspelling a few min before going live :)

I did notice a delay with the multi view during the demo. I realize there is a lot going on software wise to make that happen. We are probably going to go with separate program/preview monitors anyways. During the demo the direct program monitor seemed to pretty low latency so I don't think it will slip us up during live music segments.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]