FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic AG-3DA1 | 3D camera

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark abbatangelo
Panasonic AG-3DA1 | 3D camera
on May 20, 2010 at 11:07:26 pm

Does anyone know if the Panasonic AG-3DA1 camera will have the ability to shoot both 3d and standard HD and how will that look. Does any one have any first hand testing experience with this camera being that its not yet avail to the public. I would like to be able to start aquiring content in 3D when the camera becomes available but then release 3D projects in the future.

Return to posts index

Dan Brockett
Re: Panasonic AG-3DA1 | 3D camera
on May 21, 2010 at 7:57:35 pm

I have not shot yet with the AG-3DA1, but I have written some articles on the 3D production process, most notably the 3D cover story for the NAB issue of HD Video Pro Magazine. You can easily shoot and or edit in 2D with the camera. Most people are not aware that you can easily release almost any 3D material in 2D, other than film, you just choose a channel to output, left or right.

As far as what the image will look like, the AG-3DA1 uses a matched set of 1/4" CMOS sensors, recording to AVCCAM (AVCHD). The camera will have almost infinite DOF, uses a small sensor and records to a long GOP 4:2:0 format. I think you get a picture about what the image will look like.

It will be a simple matter to produce a show in 3D but release it in 2D. Piece of cake.

Dan Brockett

Providing value added material to all of your favorite DVDs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]