FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro - PAL

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ivan Lakshinsky
Final Cut Pro - PAL
on May 7, 2010 at 12:36:45 pm

Hello, I have used FCP, but only for internet. Now I have a client who wants me to make a music video for MTV. I'm localy in Russia(Moscow) Russian TV format is PAL. Can anybody recomend me which set up shell I use in the timeline, and what shall I use for an export? Maybe someone know what are the requirements for TV such as MTV? If some one got knowlege, I will really apreciate if you share it with me.

Thanks!

JJRIGO

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Final Cut Pro - PAL
on May 7, 2010 at 8:37:32 pm

[Ivan Lakshinsky] "Can anybody recomend me which set up shell I use in the timeline"

The format that the footage was shot. If DV/PAL, then DV/PAL. If DVCPRO HD PAL...say 1080i50, or 720p50...then those settings. You always have the same sequence settings as your footage. Or you convert the footage to something (like ProRes) and conform the sequence to that.

[Ivan Lakshinsky] "and what shall I use for an export? "

What does the network require for final delivery? That is a question you ask them. Most likely it will be some tape format...so you might be looking at needing to get a capture card to output to tape.

[Ivan Lakshinsky] " Maybe someone know what are the requirements for TV such as MTV?"

Yeah, contact MTV and ask them. Or the producers will. They will provide you with the network technical specifications.

If you haven't done broadcast editing, I highly recommend finding someone to finish the show...ie color correct and output. Network specs are far stricter than internet. And the tech knowledge needed is something you don't get from forums.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ivan Lakshinsky
Re: Final Cut Pro - PAL
on May 8, 2010 at 5:33:20 am

Thanks Shane, thats what I was thinking. They told me just to make it in PAL and place it on to a DVD. May be I shall call them and ask the format is needed. Just final, where can I look for a good but not so expensive colorist?

JJRIGO

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]