FORUMS: list search recent posts

PR B-Roll Formats

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Worthington
PR B-Roll Formats
on May 4, 2010 at 9:27:45 pm

My search on this question has only turned up a response from 2007. Wondering if there is a new opinion.

Is Beta SP still the generally accepted format for the delivery of PR B-roll? Are downloads/ftp transfers replacing this method?

Return to posts index

grinner hester
Re: PR B-Roll Formats
on May 4, 2010 at 10:32:55 pm

depends on who wants the source, man. Some still cling to old technology. Others have evolved. Ask em.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: PR B-Roll Formats
on May 4, 2010 at 11:36:47 pm

FTP and downloads are much cheaper and faster for you the sender and the client as well. For pennies more, you can duplicate some DVD-R's with the footage on them as DVD mpeg 2 and as a data file in H.264, and cover ALL the bases. A good PR person will build a database of every station and their preferred delivery methods/formats. That's part of their job.

BetaSp is not dead - it just smells funny. I was still sending dubs to Nightline in BetaSP format by their request as late as last year, even though I offered them DVD and DVC-Pro. Beta outlived Ted Koppel there.

Beta is not dead until EVERY beta deck is dead. Small market or large, there are more of them out there than you think.

Like zombies.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]