FORUMS: list search recent posts

Older LCD tvs

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer Arani
Older LCD tvs
on Apr 20, 2010 at 5:32:58 pm

Hello,
I am not sure if this is the right forum but I thought what the hey!
I have to manage some digital signage on an older LG TV. The only useable resolution my MAC mini is picking up is 1024X768.
My instructions are to make my presentation "look good" full screen.

Before I get much further let me give you my specs
I have a mac mini attached to the LG 42LC2D via VGA cable to a Mac Mini
I use a looping keynote for my delivery system
I currently use 1440X1080 as my keynote resolution

So now here is why I am trying this forum.
I just read that HD broadcast standard resolution is 1440X1080.

Here is my issue - My boss still thinks the keynote looks stretched and he wants me to fix it.

If I were to make videos rather than using Keynote slides - would 1440X1080 work IF the PAR is NTSC rather than square?

Or if I use Keynote to make a .mov can I use compressor to change the PAR to NTSC from square?

I am a bit stuck.

Thanks
Jennifer

Jennifer Arani

Return to posts index

Chad Brewer
Re: Older LCD tvs
on Apr 22, 2010 at 12:02:11 am

HD broadcast in 1080 is 1920x1080. 1440x1080 is the 1080 frame size for HDV ONLY. Unless you are working off of an HDV NLE timeline, avoid that frame size. Let me know what programs you are using to A) create slides and B) create video.
With the exception of DVCPRO HD, all HD video is SQUARE pixel. I would suggest creating all image files in square pixel 1920x1080 (e.g. with Photoshop). If your boss is complaining that the images look stretched on the HD monitor, it is probably because you have non-square image content (e.g. NTSC PAR) or some other setting is wrong. Provide more information about the programs you are using and what the totality of the presentation is and we can assist you further.

Chad Brewer
Senior Tape Operator/Engineer
TeleVersions

Return to posts index

Jennifer Arani
Re: Older LCD tvs
on May 12, 2010 at 1:35:13 pm

Hello,
Sorry it took so long to respond.

The only program I am using at this time is keynote. The contents of the slides are just pictures and pngs from Photoshop.

Once upon a time before I had the mac mini I would use the keynote to export a QT .mov with a h.264 compression, again the settings at 1440X1080, and then convert it to WMP (these computers were not so hot Dell's and WMP was the most reliable).

But as I said....with the Mac Mini's I can avoid the export and just play the Keynote.

Jennifer Arani

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]