FORUMS: list search recent posts

I thought that this question could also be posted here

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fredy Schwerdtner
I thought that this question could also be posted here
on Apr 12, 2010 at 2:03:55 pm

I know that my question is more to the 'Live & Stage Events" forum and it is there but as I got no answer I came here to see if anyone has any expirience on the issue. My question:

I was hired to to record, edit and author 5 DVDs for a University. Now they are asking me to prepare a production for a 6 months seminar that will be every saturday.
One teacher will be talking in one classroom and they want it to be "broadcasted" (live) to other 2 classrooms. I never did it before.
We will be using a Sony HDV Camera to capture the images and we will need 2 projectors (and I believe 2 screens) to be placed at the others 2 classrooms and I have no idea what kind of projectors we should use. First we think in renting them but the cost of the service would be too high. For the price of the renting, in 2 months I could buy it. And that is what I'm thinking to do. But I need help and advices in choosing the right kind and maybe the brand of the projectors.
Could anybody help me ?
thanks in advance.
Fredy

MacBook Pro 17"
2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
(2) External HD LaCieMac (400/800 FW and USB)with 500GB -(2) USB External HD Western Digital (in cases) with 750GB
OS X 10.5.7
Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: I thought that this question could also be posted here
on Apr 18, 2010 at 2:18:00 pm

The university doesn't already have classrooms set up with video projectors and screens? Do you really want to get into the equipment rental business? The school is likely much better positioned to know where to get such equipment at educational discounted prices, etc.

If you want to do it in HD, then you will probably need new projectors and not little home models if the classrooms are very large (or can't be darkened sufficiently). That won't be cheap. Are they paying you enough to make that profitable?

If you have good old Standard Definition video available at some point you can just feed that to ordinary video projectors in the other rooms. There isn't really anything magic about it. You might need a video Distribution Amplifier if you have to send the same signal off in two different directions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]