FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please some help, Format, Compression

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luis Vargas
Please some help, Format, Compression
on Mar 30, 2010 at 12:33:42 am

hello, at this moment I have some doubt, and any opinion will be welcome.

We have 3 editing rooms, all, FCS, MacPro, aja kona lhe, digitize all the material in uncompressed 10 bit SDI. we need to send a lot of material to another country, what kind of compression or software used to send all this material, approximately 10 min weighs approximately 3 GB or more ... I've heard a lot of mpg2, in this case there is any Compressor that maintains high quality and despite very little? what software you use? one to recommend to send the video? videoIPtransfer or any wonder especially something like this?

remember, the internet conection its slow, and we need to sent a lot of materials.
sorry my english.!

Very very thanks to all.

Luis Vargas
Motion Graphics

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Please some help, Format, Compression
on Mar 30, 2010 at 12:52:18 pm

[Luis Vargas] "...we need to send a lot of material to another country, what kind of compression or software used to send all this material, approximately 10 min weighs approximately 3 GB or more ... "

Then wouldn't everything fit on a simple 8GB memory stick, no compression needed? Or two data DVDs, no compression needed?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Luis Vargas
on Mar 30, 2010 at 3:02:45 pm

hi dave thank for correction. the problem is live show, and i record in my country and i need to send every day all show to other country, with a delay of a day. internet is not my option? will have a duration of 3 month!

I do not care the compression, i need the img still broadcast. Remember in latam we are sd 720 486 interlaced, we did a test comprees in a dv, and the other country said its at end, we cant down any more, Dv it is the limit.

i heard about video ip transfer, but i really dont know any thing about it,

Other people said, winrar split in a lot of parts, but i dont believe in this method.

what is the best compressor, or codec for me.?

Thanks to dave, and for other too, for your answer

Thanks to dave, and for other too, for yours answer

Luis V
Motion Graphics

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 30, 2010 at 5:17:02 pm

You will be much better off if you contact a video professional near you -- a satellite service, a television station or a television network. These are not the kind of things that can be answered easily, and certainly not in a simple forum.

There are too many things to ask about your physical plant, your current transmission equipment, the band width, speed and RELIABILITY of your internet connection... just to name a few. There are too many variables to give one simple answer.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]