FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cable Advertising Question

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Cadieux
Cable Advertising Question
on Mar 12, 2010 at 3:44:28 pm

Hey everyone,

I am in talks with the local cable outlet to run a spot I have produced. The spot advertises a service that my video production company is offering. I told the cable company what my budget is. I said I was willing to spend between $700 and $1000 for a flight on cable. The cable company came back with a presentation with my target demographic, target channels and yadda yadda yadda. Their fee is going to be $700/month to run my spot. Here's the problem. They want me to sign a 6-month commitment for $4200. I don't have the money for that. It's out of the question. I could maybe do 2 months, but not 6. My spot would be running on a half dozen channels 160 times a month. My question is this . . . Are the cable companies selling a lot of advertising lately, or do you think I could talk them into a 2 month contract? And do the numbers I am giving you guys sound right, or am I getting taken for a ride? It's funny, I work for an ad agency, but I am never involved in this side of the equation, so I am clueless. Thanks.

-Aaron

Return to posts index

Carly Smith
Re: Cable Advertising Question
on Mar 13, 2010 at 1:55:45 pm

you can talk them into running it for ONE day!

Here in MI, our clients buy small ad runs and small airtime runs for programming as well - whoever you are talking to is just trying to lock YOU in so they don't have to chase down another prospect.

Its YOUR money don't let them push you around - tell them you are buying X number of spots at X dollars, take it or leave it. If they say leave it, talk to another sales rep.
Someone there will be hungry enough to do this.

;)

Return to posts index

Thax Clave
Re: Cable Advertising Question
on Mar 17, 2010 at 12:31:20 pm

Why not talk to a broadcast station?

They can offer some great rates.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]